Commissioned by Approov
Published July 2022
Mobile apps have become key tools for businesses to serve customers, earn revenue, and enable remote work by employees. Over the last two years, mobile apps have become critical to success for the majority of businesses.
In this report, we present the findings of a survey into the state of mobile app security in 2022, encompassing survey respondents from across the United States and the United Kingdom. The survey and white paper were commissioned by Approov.
- Three out of four respondents report that mobile apps are now “essential” or “absolutely core” to their success.
- Secure development practices are essential but offer only partial protection: They do not eliminate the threat of runtime attacks against mobile apps and APIs.
- Run-time attacks against APIs that render mobile apps non-functional prove costly to 75 percent of organizations: Attacks include data theft and service interruption via API abuse, fake account creation, and credit fraud, among others.
- Most lack visibility into runtime threats against mobile apps and APIs: Sixty percent of organizations report that they do not have visibility to runtime threats against mobile apps and APIs.
- Reducing threats resulting from hardcoded API keys is a priority.
- Accelerating time-to-market for new features is prioritized over security.
Watch the webinar: The State of Mobile App Security 2022 (July 26)